Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Medicine Bow Rail Trail


In Wyoming there is a trail called the Medicine Box Rail Trail.  It runs for 21 miles in an old and now unused train bed where the track that has been pulled up.  Every year I ride a piece or two of it.  This year was the section from Woods Creek to Lincoln Gulch a distance of 3 miles, turn around, and 3 miles back.  The ride was very pretty with a lot of interesting things to see including a small cluster of cabins and houses called Fox Park.  



I believe that this old abandoned building is where the trains would load up with more coal to power the locomotives.  It is on private property so I couldn't get very close.


No more trains no more.

I don't know why I like fence lines so much, but I think they are cool.
Zoe & Bear


Bear wasn't cooperating so he wasn't in the next picture.

 



1 comment: