Sunday, May 6, 2012

31 Mile Reservoir


Looking east to the Rawah Mountains.  I'm using my new Leica V-Lux3 camera that I got last year.  I have a good padded case for it and hope it's going to withstand the rigors of riding, weather, dust and dirt.

 Lots of birds

Duster

 Zoe - Bear was with us too, but he was busy playing in the water.

 Cattails - they're not that common in North Park
 It's not easy taking pictures of wildlife with two dogs and a horse.  The domesticated animals cooperate less than the wild ones.  I need to get my bird book out.
 I think this was a muskrat and not a beaver.  There aren't any beaver dams around, not any fast flowing water, and no trees, only a few willow bushes.
 He's not sticking around.
We have pelicans in North Park which always seemed strange to me.  We have seagulls too although the closest ocean, the Pacific, is hundreds of miles west.

3 comments:

  1. Jeannie! These are beautiful! Love the horse and dog photo!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I feel very fortunate to live where I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu are really lucky to live in a paradise like that!! BTW, ROMWE.COM is giving away $40 giftcard and free pair of sunglasses on my blog! It's super easy to enter! Open INTERNATIONALLY, they ship FREE worldwide!
    Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Enter my giveaway - $40 to shop at Romwe.com

    ReplyDelete